Saturday, February 15, 2014

Random Acts of Kindness Day is the 17th

Random Acts of Kindness Day is February 17th, this Monday, falling on Presidents' Day! It’s the unofficial holiday increasingly celebrated around the nation encouraging people to commit acts of kindness out of the goodness of their hearts. Leading up to this day, I decided to craft some of my crochet hearts.


I decided to make them into book markers! Instead of working the ends in I left them attached (great time saver) making them easy to mark your page.  I am dropping them off at the library today. I hope someone will just pick one up and use it. Would also be cute tied around a pony tail!

 
Here are of few of the hearts in some of my cookbooks.
This is the pattern I used, it is very easy and you can do one in under 5 minutes!

Crocheted Heart Pattern

Supplies used:
Size D crochet hook
Size 3 crochet thread or embroidery floss
(Or use any size hook/yarn you have on hand--it will just change the size)

All stitches worked into the first chain.

Ch 4. Work 3 tr (triple crochet) into first ch, 3 dc, ch 1, 1 tr, ch 1, 3 dc, 3 tr. Ch 3, sl st into center and fasten off.

I think it is a wonderful idea to craft a heart of some fashion and pass it on to someone else. Have you ever done a Random Act of Kindness? Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments: