Sunday, February 23, 2014

1st Baby Owl Block

First Baby Owl block DONE.

Just learning this method. I found the directions for this block easy, (I have a hard time with patterns) I usually make them a couple of times and then write the patten in a way I can understand it.
 
 The Block is Called Owl Granny Square

www.allfreecrochet.com All Free Crochet is a website dedicated to the best free crochet patterns. This is the website I used for the pattern.Just put in the search term : Owl Granny Square.
I have done 5 more blocks. I find it easier to make the blocks first, then go back to add the eyes and beak.
I made a total of 6 blocks so I can get my finished blocks at the correct size of 4 inches. I have not decided on the colors I will use either. I did use the suggested hook size of 4.25 mm and worsted weight yarn.
I will update my progress and when I finally make a decision on my colors. Still have a long way to go in order to complete the little blanket. That is why I am listing it under the tab Work In Progress. I tend to get bored easily working on one thing at a time and skip around doing different items.

Owls seem to be really "in" right now, they were back in the 1970's as well. It's true what they say, "What's old is New again!"

This is my first place I am an affiliate for and I am super excited! The store is called Oddity Store Home and Deco Accents. In keeping with the Owl theme, I thought I would post a link here for you to stop in and check out the super cute items they have.
 

My Oddity Store

Click the link above to go to my little store! 
These are just the Sweetest! They would be perfect in many applications, flower vases, wreaths, outdoors to greet visitors at your doorstep as well. They just sing SPRING!
Item Name: Owl Picks 18" Item #:00697 Price/ea: $2.29

What do you have planned for Spring this year? 

No comments: