Sunday, November 6, 2011

Secret Sewing and Hexie Fun!


Long time since I have posted on my blog or anything on the computer for that matter! My poor ol back is giving me fits once again.

Can you keep a secret? I have been doing some secret sewing. Can't let the cat out of the bag yet tho :o(
So for now, I have signed up with Karen where every week at her blog  Journey of a Quilter she has put together a great little program, One Flower Wednesday and gives everyone a chance to share the hexie flowers we have made for the week.

I am making 1 inch hexagons, paper pieced. Here is what I have done so far.  I have put together 5 flowers.

The main print in the flowers is a fabric I have had for too many moons to count! I have learned to stitch in some strange positions to keep my back happy, I won't go into detail on that tho. Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Thank you Karen for the Hexie garden fun.

4 comments:

Quilting Under The Influence said...

Kim,

I recently purchased hex paper pieces to expand my horizons-wish me luck! I may need to consult you if I get stuck with my first attempt!

Cheers! Linda at www.quti.org

PS Love the QUTI button on the blog!!!

Sana Saroti said...

I really hope you feel better soon! Your hexies are looking good!

Craft Couture by T.C. said...

Kim - I was wondering what you have been up to.
The hexies look great!
I am really interested to hear how you sew to keep your back happy..since I seem to have some problems with my back lately.

Looking forward to seeing the finished project. :)

Cheers!
Tanya

Karen said...

Welcome to One Flower Wednesday Kim, you are off to a fabulous start! Sorry to hear about your back and wish you well soon.